Monday 4 February 2008

SURRENDER

I have spent almost all my time since returning from Australia thinking about ideas. Ideas, starting points, questions, passions, social comments, obsessions, thrills, experiments, routines, objects, histories. And more.

Until now, my work has always been about the impossible and out of reach: Surf styled illustrations by a girl living in inner city Birmingham; High Fashion ideals when living in an old servants cottage in Norfolk, even global ambitions from someone who walks the same route to work as she did fifteen years ago for school.

Right now I wanted to be inspired by an idea a little closer to home, something with the strongest foundation and duration of them all. So I thought very hard about what was the most important thing to me in the whole world. And there it was, right here…

Home.